So we’ve come up with out business idea — selling modern, reasonably priced but not cheap silver jewelry. We have wholesale providers lined up, but haven’t actually seen any products yet. We don’t yet know what we don’t know, but we need to get started. How? I think this is pretty reasonable list to start with:
- Register domain name and get a hosting company.
- Create simple mock-up web pages of your future storefront.
- Create a simple Google Adwords marketing campaign to gauge customer interest.
- Order samples from the wholesalers to verify quality.
- Decide on a storefront software or hosting service.
- Analyze competition.
- Draft a business plan and marketing plan.
- Create the final storefront.
- Create marketing campaign.
- Launch it all.
Looks simple, right? Somehow I’ve got a feeling that this simple 10-item list is going to be closer to 100 items before all is done…